1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US vaccinations outnumber COVID-19 cases; reinfection more likely if variants become dominant — 7 updates Full story
3. Washington physician charged with unprofessional conduct after patient dies Full story
4. How to lead a sustainable surgical service line in 2021. Full story
5. CDC ramps up efforts to detect coronavirus variants Full story
6. COVID-19 might be triggering new-onset diabetes, researchers say Full story
7. Put 2020's volatility in the past. Learn how to better navigate canceled electives and manage your surgery backlog here.
8. Former Johns Hopkins Hospital administrator dies of COVID-19 Full story
9. 5 recent hospital, health system CNO, CMO moves Full story
10. 2 workers stabbed at Ochsner LSU Health, suspect arrested Full story
11. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.
12. COVID-19 test positivity falls for 2nd week in row: 4 CDC findings Full story
13. Why the second COVID vaccine dose is important, especially to healthcare workers Full story
14. 5 best paying cities, states for physicians Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Cutting headcount alone won't transform costs. Read this eBook to learn what models are actually working for executives from 9 systems.
2. CMS price transparency audits are here. Download this this e-Book to read how clinical and finance executives from 12 systems are preparing
3. COVID-19 won't be our last pandemic. Learn how to solidify your emergency plan for future pandemics and crises here.