1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. South Africa variant found in 2nd state; WHO reverses vaccine guidelines for pregnant women — 8 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Missouri man dies in hospital parking lot after being repeatedly denied care, family says Full story
4. Detect cancer earlier through targeted outreach in your market. Click here to reach your population health goals.
5. Bad batch of N95 masks may be counterfeit, Cleveland Clinic says Full story
6. 1,600 vaccinated within hours after freezer failure at Seattle clinic Full story
7. Put 2020's volatility in the past. Learn how to better navigate canceled electives and manage your surgery backlog here.
8. First FEMA-run vaccination sites to open this month, official says Full story
9. Anti-vaccine protesters briefly shut down Dodger Stadium COVID-19 vaccination site Full story
10. COVID-19 may produce 'autoantibodies' that mistakenly attack tissues, study suggests Full story
11. Your ORs could be safer for staff. Click here to learn how.
12. 1st swine flu case reported this season — 7 CDC FluView takeaways Full story
13. Eli Lilly COVID-19 antibody drug reduces hospitalizations, death risk, trial shows Full story
14. FDA urged to review accuracy of pulse oximeters for people of color Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A new era for telehealth: Why sustaining virtual care programs is essential to health systems' future success. Click here to read the report.
2. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.
3. The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.