1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Cases fall 30% since January peak; most pregnant women shouldn't get Moderna vaccine, WHO says — 8 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Millions allocated to vaccine research fund misused for years, US special counsel says Full story
4. Your ORs could be safer for staff. Click here to learn how.
5. If vaccine administration is lagging, why are hospitals, cities and states running out of shots? Full story
6. Nurse at New York hospital killed in snowplow accident Full story
7. Surgical leadership strategies: How St. Elizabeth Healthcare is advancing care for providers and patients. Click here to attend the live discussion.
8. Washington health system rebuked for offering COVID-19 vaccines to 'major donors' Full story
9. Cedars-Sinai opens COVID-19 recovery program Full story
10. Focus on COVID-19 facilitated spread of drug-resistant infections, experts say Full story
11. One in five nurses leave their first job within a year. Download this whitepaper to learn how to build residency programs that accelerate new nurse readiness.
12. Oregon healthcare workers stuck in snowstorm give expiring vaccines to strangers Full story
13. Schizophrenia 2nd greatest risk factor for COVID-19 death, study finds Full story
14. Confirmed UK variant cases, by state Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There's a surplus of healthcare data, but does your health system know how to extract insights from it? Click here to learn data-driven, practical ways to innovate and increase efficiency.
2. Specificity is the new black: How granular insights create big changes in reimbursement Learn more
3. A new era for telehealth: Why sustaining virtual care programs is essential to health systems' future success. Click here to read the report.