1. 'No shortcuts in nursing': State boards probe nurses tied to phony degree scheme Full story
2. OR fire prompted 'immediate jeopardy' warning at OHSU Full story
3. Bird flu's spread to mammals elevates concern among virologists Full story
4. Digital transformation in healthcare is a bumpy ride, but the CIO + CFO relationship might be the silver bullet. Learn how Geisinger leverages this strategic partnership to drive transformation.
5. FDA panel votes for bivalent COVID-19 shots, debates 'annual' schedule Full story
6. 3 states exploring expanded APRN roles Full story
7. Novant Health lays off physician executive Full story
8. 8th medical school backs out of US News rankings, requests stakeholder meeting Full story
9. Thinking about upgrading your IT infrastructure? Learn why Sentara Healthcare's CTO embraced a multi-cloud strategy to advance the system's digital transformation.
10. ChatGPT can't be an author, scientific journal editors and publishers say Full story
11. Physician burnout and depression continue to climb: Medscape Full story
12. FDA advisers recommend 1st Candida treatment in over a decade Full story
13. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
14. Nurses feel unprepared for future pandemics, unsupported by employers, survey finds Full story
15. 4 nurses making headlines on and off the job Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.