1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. COVID-19 hospitalizations fall, but deaths rise; US boosts states' vaccine supplies — 6 updates Full story
3. 2 dead in hostage situation at Texas medical office Full story
4. Be confident in our clean. We have three levels of industry-leading linen laundering protection effective against the virus that causes COVID-19 and a 5-point quality check for linens that helps you take on whatever happens next. ImageFIRST: Clean You Can Count On. Learn more.
5. Physician shortage forces Arizona hospital to shut down ICU Full story
6. Connecticut health system names its first CNO Full story
7. Was your hospital affected by mass cancellations of nonurgent procedures in 2020? Click here to learn how to better manage the surgery backlog in 2021.
8. CMS limits on-site complaint, recertification surveys Full story
9. US sees new record for overdose deaths in 12-month period Full story
10. COVID-19's lasting legacy? 'Immunity inequality,' Bill and Melinda Gates write in annual letter Full story
11. Mission critical: Address burnout, increase clinician productivity, and cut costs. Click here to learn why these aren't competing priorities.
12. State laws on hospital flu shots linked to fewer flu deaths Full story
13. A look at 4 historical US vaccination campaigns Full story
14. States ranked by COVID-19 cases: Jan. 27 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. One in five nurses leave their first job within a year. Download this whitepaper to learn how to build residency programs that accelerate new nurse readiness.
2. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.
3. How to minimize the financial losses and promote surge preparedness — Lessons from a pandemic. Click here to download the e-book.