1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US aims to vaccinate 1.5 million daily; Brazil variant found in Minnesota — 4 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. California investigating death of resident hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine Full story
4. Innovation can sustain high-quality care throughout surges. One hospital implemented virtual rounding when inpatient volume doubled Full story
5. How pandemic fatigue has affected social distancing, mask-wearing efforts: 4 notes on American behavior Full story
6. Biden to pick nurse as acting surgeon general Full story
7. 95% of drug diverters go undetected by health systems. Click here to learn how to identify red flags and detect the undetected.
8. Delta taps Mayo Clinic physician to oversee airline's healthcare strategy Full story
9. Mask stickers could help detect early COVID-19 infections Full story
10. 5 stats on physician burnout in 2020 Full story
11. It's time for hospitals to clear the air. Join this live discussion for tips and strategies on how to eliminate surgical smoke in the OR.
12. Combating vaccine hesitancy among staff: 4 healthcare leaders weigh in Full story
13. Biden's pandemic plan could enlist FEMA to operate up to 100 vaccination sites Full story
14. State-by-state breakdown of 897 hospitals at risk of closing Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How are leading health systems keeping the ball rolling on telehealth expansion? For real-world insights from IU Health and Baystate Health, download this whitepaper.
2. Specificity is the new black: How granular insights create big changes in reimbursement Learn more
3. A new era for telehealth: Why sustaining virtual care programs is essential to health systems' future success. Click here to read the report.