1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. New variant found in Germany; vaccination rates lag among Black Americans — 7 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Rhode Island physician deliberately exposed patients, staff to COVID-19, health director finds Full story
4. Deceased patients and their families deserve compassionate and efficient care. Click here to learn how to eliminate errors and enhance workflows in processing patients after death.
5. Biden picks Andrea Palm as HHS deputy secretary Full story
6. Patient death spurs investigation at Michigan psychiatric hospital Full story
7. Don't miss these learning opportunities:
- The new price transparency rule can add pressure to COVID-stressed hospitals: Click here for key tips for compliance in 60 minutes or less.
- Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
- How are leading health systems approaching workforce management? Click here for real-world insights from Duke Health and Spectrum Health.
8. Chicago nurse treated patients under influence, stole equipment, officials say Full story
9. UK COVID-19 variant to become dominant in US by March, CDC warns Full story
10. Arizona's COVID-19 battle could soon push hospitals into 'crisis zone' Full story
11. It's time for hospitals to clear the air. Join this live discussion for tips and strategies on how to eliminate surgical smoke in the OR.
12. California hospital CEO tests positive for COVID-19 Full story
13. Flu test positivity jumps & 5 other CDC FluView takeaways Full story
14. 10 best, worst states for healthcare in 2021, ranked by MoneyRates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still calling your patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
2. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
3. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.