1. After preliminary denial, hospital where nurse called 911 gains full accreditation Full story
2. Healthgrades' 50 top hospitals for 2023 Full story
3. 6 recent moves from The Joint commission Full story
4. Hospitals are living 'paycheck to paycheck' and supply constraints are only worsening. See how some hospitals are turning the tide here.
5. COVID-19 admissions dip as XBB.1.5 spreads Full story
6. Corner Office: How Wellstar CEO Candice Saunders' nursing background gives her an edge up Full story
7. Chicago physician, health system hit with 7 misconduct suits Full story
8. Pregnant people with COVID-19 face higher death risk, large study finds Full story
9. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
10. Dr. Fannie Gaston-Johansson, pioneering nurse educator and researcher, dies at 84 Full story
11. Flu positivity drops: 6 FluView notes Full story
12. Catheters can trigger lurking A. baumannii, causing second infection: study Full story
13. Nurses demand more flexible schedules. See how hospitals can deliver on this promise — while lowering labor costs — here.
14. Integris to cut 140 jobs in patient care Full story
15. 13 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Achieving sepsis quality improvements shouldn't take long. This hospital saved $384,000 + boosted compliance by 20% in just 4 months. Here's how.
2. 28% of decision makers aren't familiar with health plan wrap networks. Get your HR department up to speed on this critical network here.
3. Still playing a guessing game to determine who will show up for their appointment? Here's the digital upgrade this Ohio hospital took to end it.