1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Daily COVID-19 deaths top 4,000 for 3rd day; WHO team arrives in China to investigate virus origin — 5 updates Full story
3. 'I do regret being there': California physician joined in storming the Capitol Full story
4. Patients benefit from enhanced recovery programs. Click here to join the discussion on starting or expanding your protocols.
5. Michigan hospital allegedly source of Legionnaires' since 2008 Full story
6. UK variant now in Wisconsin, New Mexico Full story
7. Don't-miss learning opportunities:
- Your access strategy has blind spots. Get to know your patients' needs here
- How are leading health systems approaching workforce management? Click here for real-world insights from Duke Health and Spectrum Health.
- Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
8. Most successful vaccine rollouts in US: 4 state strategies Full story
9. Health officials worry Alabama football celebration was superspreader event Full story
10. 13 states reporting UK coronavirus variant cases: What to know as of Jan. 14 Full story
11. Would your ASC benefit from in-house testing? Click here to learn about the opportunities lab screening would provide.
12. COVID-19 hospitalizations tripled for US children in 22 states last year Full story
13. New Hampshire nursing home board members cut line for vaccine, say state health officials Full story
14. Podiatrists report 'pandemic of broken toes' amid shift to work from home Full story
15. Physician assistant best healthcare job, per US News: 29 best healthcare jobs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The pursuit of surgical excellence at St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Click here to read more.
2. Does your health system have a digital engagement strategy that coincides with its transformation goals? Download this whitepaper to learn how Bon Secours Mercy Health formulated its digital backbone.
3. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.