1. Virus season may strain capacity for years, Dr. Ashish Jha warns Full story
2. Ascension suspends elective surgeries at Milwaukee hospital Full story
3. Best places to work in healthcare for 2023, per Glassdoor Full story
4. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
5. 7 chief experience officers on patient experience initiatives that can't wait Full story
6. Physician specialty preferences are shifting: 5 that grew, fell most Full story
7. 2 Illinois EMS workers charged in death of patient Full story
8. Childhood vaccination rates fall for 2nd year Full story
9. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
10. Presbyterian taps physician staffing firm for 1 of its EDs Full story
11. 2 women charged in assaults against Mayo Clinic workers Full story
12. ProMedica to lay off 262 Full story
13. How does today's OR leader ignite growth without running staff ragged? Learn the strategies Allina Health used to do just that.
14. When will long COVID-19 symptoms ease? New study offers clues Full story
15. 11 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Spine surgeons want better performing interbody cages. A new porous PEEK technology will become the gold standard. See this white paper with key findings from in-vitro and in-vivo studies.
2. Your patients hate outdated interfaces. Learn how 3 leading health systems use intelligent automation to augment their EHR and drive better patient engagement.
3. Traditional check-in processes are redundant and frustrating. A mobile-first approach can improve patients' intake experience in 7 key ways — see what they are and how 1 Georgia hospital is cashing in here.