1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. COVID-19 deaths spike in South, West; CDC requires negative test for air travelers entering US — 4 updates Full story
3. Ohio uncovers new COVID-19 variant Full story
4. Healthy nurses will lead to a healthier nation. Attend this live virtual discussion to learn how to empower front-line providers to prioritize wellness.
5. Other viruses suppressed amid COVID-19 pandemic could make strong rebound, experts say Full story
6. What the incoming CDC director wants Americans to know Full story
7. Don't-miss learning opportunities:
- Like it or not, price transparency requirements have taken effect. Click here to join the conversation on how to quickly gain compliance.
- Why risk fines and data breaches by delaying the archiving of your legacy system? Click here for the guide that outlines your options.
- It's going to be difficult for your laboratory to persist through the pandemic without the right IT tools. Download this whitepaper to understand which tools to adopt.
8. 14 highest-paid healthcare jobs in 2021 Full story
9. Vanderbilt University Medical Center performs most heart transplants globally in 2020 Full story
10. 1st cases of vaginal cancer transmission to infants reported in Japan Full story
11. Telehealth sustainability: How Northwell Health built its virtual care program for the long haul. Click here to attend the live presentation.
12. 100-year-old nurse receives Surgeon General's Medallion award Full story
13. Pregnant physicians say benefits of COVID-19 vaccine outweigh risks Full story
14. States ranked by COVID-19 cases: Jan. 13 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
2. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
3. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.