|News & Analysis|
Jan. 12, 2012
1. Study: Most Appropriateness Criteria for Surgical Procedures Outdated.
2. Time of Operation Doesn't Affect Mortality After Surgery.
3. AORN Issues New Recommended Practice for Medication Safety.
4. Staff Education Tool: 'Champion of Infection Prevention' Kit From APIC.
5. Complimentary Webinar: Driving Perioperative Performance to Improve Bottom Line (Tues., Feb. 21, 1:30-2:30PM CST) To learn more and register, .
6. Time Out, or Just a Waste of Time?
7. Joint Commission Publishes Fact Sheet on Universal Protocol.
8. Best Practices for Proper Care of the Morbidly Obese in Surgery Centers.
9. Infection Preventionists Release Interdisciplinary Call-to-Action to Fight Surgical Site Infections.
10. Hospital's Decorative Fountain Source of Legionnaires Disease Outbreak.
Sponsored AdUpcoming Webinar:
"Tips for Complying With CMS's New Safe Surgery Checklist in 2012," presented by Healthcare Consultants International. Tuesday, Jan. 17, from 1:00-2:00 EST. To learn more and register, click here
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: APIC