1. Hospital capacity concerns intensify as XBB.1.5 spreads Full story
2. 56 best jobs in healthcare, per US News Full story
3. Joint Commission makes health equity a national safety goal Full story
4. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
5. Geisinger commits to continued security training after employee was shot, killed outside hospital Full story
6. CDC chief details plan to overhaul agency after COVID-19 shortcomings Full story
7. Las Vegas hospital issues alert of 970 layoffs Full story
8. It's time to rethink work-life balance, 2 physician leaders say Full story
9. Surgical days rarely go as planned. Here's how to get back to a place where disruptions are the exception vs. the norm.
10. Nursing strike continues in New York City Full story
11. Viewpoint: Protect the safety net by designating essential hospitals Full story
12. Ebola outbreak is over: WHO Full story
13. How does today's OR leader ignite growth without running staff ragged? Learn the strategies Allina Health used to do just that.
14. Nurses involved in quality improvement report less burnout Full story
15. Flu activity down in 40 states Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Traditional check-in processes are redundant and frustrating. A mobile-first approach can improve patients' intake experience in 7 key ways — see what they are and how 1 Georgia hospital is cashing in here.
2. Spine surgeons want better performing interbody cages. A new porous PEEK technology will become the gold standard. See this white paper with key findings from in-vitro and in-vivo studies.
3. 5 health systems' most valuable patient experience strategy in 2022 + 9 telehealth tips for clinician and more. Here are 10 Becker's must-reads on technology and the patient experience.