1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. UK variant found in 8 states; hospitalizations top 100K for 40 days — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. New COVID-19 variants may trigger false results in COVID-19 tests, FDA warns Full story
4. Cutting costs isn't enough to support financial stability in 2021. Click here to learn how to avoid a shortsighted approach to revenue recovery.
5. St. Peter's oncologist was removed for harming patients, CEO says Full story
6. US renews public health emergency Full story
7. Don't-miss learning opportunities:
- How the nation's largest outpatient provider transformed its supply chain amid the pandemic. Click here to attend the live virtual discussion.
- Why risk fines and data breaches by delaying the archiving of your legacy system? Click here for the guide that outlines your options.
- It’s going to be difficult for your laboratory to persist through the pandemic without the right IT tools. Download this whitepaper to understand which tools to adopt.
8. Executive who left Seattle Children's, citing racism, to practice at UW Medicine Full story
9. Jefferson, Geisinger partner on discreet staff safety alert system Full story
10. Kaiser hospital faces $43K fine as probe of outbreak continues Full story
11. Like it or not, price transparency requirements have taken effect. Click here to join the conversation on how to quickly gain compliance.
12. Arthritis drugs may reduce deaths for severely ill COVID-19 patients, study finds Full story
13. Pennsylvania Hospital CMO Dr. Daniel Feinberg's advice for aspiring physician leaders Full story
14. 19 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
2. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
3. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.