1. COVID-19 admissions jump: Where they're highest, rising fastest Full story
2. Nursing ranked most trusted profession for 22nd year in a row Full story
3. From 'Kraken' to 'Centaurus': Scientists at odds on unofficial names for omicron subvariants Full story
4. 28% of decision makers aren't familiar with health plan wrap networks. Get your HR department up to speed on this critical network here.
5. Why nurses are signing 'unresignation' letters Full story
6. Medical groups push back on instant access to test result rules Full story
7. Cleveland Clinic under state probe after former physician accused of sexual assault Full story
8. Workers call on HCA to boost staffing at 150+ hospitals Full story
9. How does today's OR leader ignite growth without running staff ragged? Learn the strategies Allina Health used to do just that.
10. CMS funds 200 physician residency spots Full story
11. UMMS refused to perform gender-affirming surgery; federal court ruled discrimination Full story
12. New York City strike enters 2nd day Full story
13. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
14. Washington healthcare workers relaunch campaign for patient load limits Full story
15. Federal surge team leaves New Mexico children's hospital Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your patients hate outdated interfaces. Learn how 3 leading health systems use intelligent automation to augment their EHR and drive better patient engagement.
2. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.
3. 60% of physicians say administrative work drives burnout. Discover how industry leaders are restoring joy in the clinical setting through human-centered design, automation and ‘a platform of health.’