1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. 3 states have highest COVID-19 infection rates in world; HHS secures $22B for testing, vaccination efforts — 4 updates Full story
3. DC hospitals treat 10 involved in Capitol riot: 5 things to know Full story
4. How strong is your organization’s digital front door? Click here to learn how to create an omni-channel experience that increases efficiency and patient satisfaction.
5. Lawmakers' holding area during Capitol riot was COVID-19 'super-spreader,' US Rep. says Full story
6. It's 'like trying to get a Beatles ticket': Officials turn to party-invite sites to avoid vaccine rollout issues Full story
7. Don't miss these learning opportunities:
- Healthy nurses will lead to a healthier nation. Attend this live virtual discussion to learn how to empower front-line providers to prioritize wellness.
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- It’s going to be difficult for your laboratory to persist through the pandemic without the right IT tools. Download this whitepaper to understand which tools to adopt.
8. Fired physicians win $10.6M arbitration award against Tenet Full story
9. National surveillance program needed to track COVID-19 variant, scientists say Full story
10. Patients would pay $2,607 more for hospital with extra quality star, study finds Full story
11. Hospital outreach plays a crucial role in the fight against vaccine hesitancy. Click here to attend a live virtual discussion and hear first-hand what leading systems are doing to reach the most vulnerable.
12. Employees report cockroaches in Florida hospital kitchen Full story
13. CDC: Severe allergic reactions from COVID-19 vaccines rare Full story
14. States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
2. Why risk fines and data breaches by delaying the archiving of your legacy system? Click here for the guide that outlines your options.
3. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.