1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. UK variant found in Georgia; COVID-19 hospitalizations flare in South, West — 6 updates Full story
3. South African COVID-19 variant may resist antibody drugs, ex-FDA head says Full story
4. Healthy nurses will lead to a healthier nation. Attend this live virtual discussion to learn how to empower front-line providers to prioritize wellness.
5. Rhode Island hospital to be led by nurse promoted from within for first time Full story
6. Number of COVID-19 cases in Kaiser hospital outbreak rises to 60 Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- Why risk fines and data breaches by delaying the archiving of your legacy system? Click here for the guide that outlines your options.
- It’s going to be difficult for your laboratory to persist through the pandemic without the right IT tools. Download this whitepaper to understand which tools to adopt.
8. 5 healthcare policies more likely to be enacted if Democrats take Senate majority Full story
9. 1 in 4 physicians experience harassment on social media, study finds Full story
10. COVID-19 'long haulers' identify 205 virus symptoms Full story
11. Hospital outreach plays a crucial role in the fight against vaccine hesitancy. Click here to attend a live virtual discussion and hear first-hand what leading systems are doing to reach the most vulnerable.
12. Nursing director at Wisconsin university dies of COVID-19 Full story
13. California hospital reopens after more than 2 years Full story
14. States ranked by COVID-19 cases: Jan. 6 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
2. What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.
3. How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.