1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. UK variant detected in 4 states; COVID-19 hospitalizations hit record high — 5 updates Full story
3. Los Angeles paramedics told not to transport patients with little chance of survival Full story
4. Healthy nurses will lead to a healthier nation. Attend this live virtual discussion to learn how to empower front-line providers to prioritize wellness.
5. UK coronavirus variant in New York; 6 cases in California — Here's what you should know Full story
6. Shortened quarantine may pose transmission risk, CDC finds Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
- Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
- Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
8. Wisconsin pharmacist arrested on suspicion of tampering with COVID-19 vaccines believed they were 'unsafe' Full story
9. Clinic executive resigns, citing racism at Seattle Children's Full story
10. Houston Methodist offers $500 bonus to employees who get COVID-19 shot Full story
11. Weight-bearing MRI improves outcomes for several specialties. Click here to learn how ortho and spine surgeons benefit.
12. Mississippi reporting moderate flu activity: 6 notes from CDC's FluView report Full story
13. Massachusetts 23rd state to grant nurse practitioners full practice authority Full story
14. California outlines penalties for providers giving COVID-19 vaccines out of order Full story
15. COVID-19 vaccine allotment, by state Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
2. What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.
3. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.