1. In a matter of days, healthcare access deteriorates in Central California Full story
2. Flu activity down in 33 states Full story
3. FDA clears abortion pills for retail pharmacies Full story
4. Pain often hinders healing and inflates the cost of care — but it doesn't have to. The right therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
5. 5 CEO exits in 5 days Full story
6. Dr. Susan Smyth, dean at U of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, dies at 57 Full story
7. ANA welcomes new president Full story
8. How 3 health systems promote nurse civility Full story
9. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
10. Hospital margins see eleventh-hour improvement Full story
11. Where AMA is focusing physician burnout efforts in 2023 Full story
12. Feds seek to rescind 'conscience' rule for healthcare workers Full story
13. Hospitals are reeling from clinician shortages and the steep costs of travel nurse stopgaps. Learn how Mercy built a flexible nursing "gig" workforce while slashing agency spend by 50%.
14. Atlanta hospital gets 1st maternal levels of care designation from Joint Commission Full story
15. Highest paid regions for NPs, PAs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your patients hate outdated interfaces. Learn how 3 leading health systems use intelligent automation to augment their EHR and drive better patient engagement.
2. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
3. It's easy for costly adverse drug events to slip through the cracks in overwhelmed EDs. Get 3 steps to prevent it here.