1. Where GI execs are seeing the greatest opportunity Full story
2. A new name joins Forbes' growing list of healthcare billionaires Full story
3. The rise of gastroenterology megagroups Full story
4. GI, orthopedics and ophthalmology are big focuses for ASCs. See how they will fare in the next few years at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting on Oct. 27-29 in Chicago. Physicians, contact Scott Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to attend for free.
5. One GI onboards Iterative Scopes' recruitment technology Full story
6. Most in-demand physician specialties and their annual salaries Full story
7. Gastroenterology Health Partners' 20,544-square-foot Indiana building sells Full story
8. 8 endoscopy updates Full story
9. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.