1. New York hospital expands surgery center capacity Full story
2. USPI in 2021: 8 things to know Full story
3. GI in 2021 — What 6 gastroenterologists think is in store for the specialty Full story
4. Would your ASC benefit from in-house testing? Click here to learn about the opportunities lab screening would provide.
5. What 3 ENTs are excited for in 2021 Full story
6. Who is eligible for the next round of PPP funds? 4 details Full story
7. Suburban New York hospital latest to cancel elective procedures in state Full story
8. Weight-bearing MRI improves outcomes for several specialties. Click here to learn how ortho and spine surgeons benefit.
9. The 25 top paying states for physicians over the last 5 years Full story
10. 2 pieces of advice from the mom of 2 CEOs Full story
11. ASCs & the COVID-19 relief bill — 10 ASC industry notes Full story
12. 3 Must Reads
- Is your ASC's anesthesia professionalized? Click here to learn six ways professionalized anesthesia management can increase efficicency and revenue.
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this whitepaper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.
13. Payers continue to expand coverage for SI joint fusion Full story
14. More than 2 million people vaccinated, up to 15.7M doses expected to ship by end of year Full story
15. Population-based risk scores could improve risk predictions for IBD, study says Full story
16. OR optimization case study: Lessons from Erlanger Health System and Baystate Health. Click here to read the report.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Agility is the key to pivoting critical operations during the pandemic. This report explores the role information plays in your health system and how it informs your decisions.
2. Digital communication can decrease preventable hospital readmissions by up to 18 percent. Click here to learn how physicians can use electronic alerts to drive better patient outcomes.
3. What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.