1. 5 of the biggest ASC deals in 2022 Full story
2. 10 physician specialties with the lowest 5-year pay jump Full story
3. 5 physician fraud cases in 2 weeks Full story
4. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.
5. The biggest challenges with anesthesia reimbursement Full story
6. 10 Surgery Partners updates in 2022 Full story
7. Anesthesiologists in the headlines: 4 updates Full story
8. Medicare pay cuts reduced, but not eliminated, in Congress' health policy deal Full story
9. Leading health systems are liberating finance teams from 'Excel gymnastics' — Click here to learn how.
10. Investment partners plan $58M medical center in rural North Dakota Full story
11. Construction underway on physician-led ASC, office building in New York Full story
12. Gastroenterology trends to watch Full story
13. 70% of hospitals are prioritizing DEI marketing this year, but patients of color aren't impressed. Achieve more inclusive marketing and better serve diverse patient populations with these 5 strategies.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
2. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.
3. Achieving sepsis quality improvements shouldn't take long. This hospital saved $384,000K + boosted compliance by 20% in just 4 months. Here's how.