1. More hospitals cancel elective surgeries amid COVID-19 spikes Full story
2. Medical director resigns over California group's new direction Full story
3. 10 details about Tenet's $1.1B acquisition of 45 SurgCenter Development ASCs Full story
4. Would your ASC benefit from in-house testing? Click here to learn about the opportunities lab screening would provide.
5. The 10 specialties with the largest salary growth over the last 3 years Full story
6. Vaccine production, at-home COVID-19 testing & more — 4 supply chain updates Full story
7. GI Alliance expands into Mississippi, acquires GI Associates Full story
8. 3 Must Reads
- 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
- Your ASC can benefit from professionalized anesthesia. Click here to learn about improved efficiency and revenue.
- One-third of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
9. How much can insurers save by moving total joints to ASCs? 6 key figures Full story
10. Top-read ASC articles — Tenet's billion dollar deal, CMS rules & more Full story
11. Brunswick Surgery Center receives AAAHC accreditation Full story
12. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
13. The biggest news in anesthesia this year — 5 must-read stories Full story
14. A week of mixed COVID-19 news: 6 takeaways Full story
15. Idaho hospital pauses inpatient, outpatient elective surgeries Full story
16. A paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
2. How front-line providers are reshaping the pillars of patient safety. Click here to read the report.
3. How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.