1. Wyoming hospital turns to surgery center to help with COVID-19 capacity issues Full story
2. Physician pay hits $360,104; group practice falls 13% among general surgeons — 4 key insights Full story
3. 118 drug shortages in the US Full story
4. Hear leaders discuss payer negotiations and migrating cases to an ASC. Click here for the ASC Speaker Series.
5. California physician building $16.5M medical office to support surgery center Full story
6. Vascular group opens ASC-office hybrid in Arizona — 3 details Full story
7. Massachusetts clarifies elective surgery guidelines to fully exclude ASCs Full story
8. Weight-bearing MRI improves outcomes for several specialties. Click here to learn how ortho and spine surgeons benefit.
9. Washington hospital building, MOB with ASC purchased for $20M Full story
10. How Tenet, HCA and Surgery Partners' shares performed this week Full story
11. Humana expands coverage for SI joint fusion procedures Full story
12. 3 Must Reads
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
- Right drug, wrong dose? Why adjustments must be made for kidney function. Click here to read more.
13. US cases up 51% in 1 month; surges slow in some Midwest states — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
14. Surgeon retiring early after 19 years with orthopedic group Full story
15. Trailblazer anesthesiologist, ASC leader to retire at year's end Full story
16. Are professionals managing your anesthesia care? Click here to find out how to increase daily cases and reduce cancellations due to emergent events.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this whitepaper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.
2. Your ASC can benefit from professionalized anesthesia. Click here to learn about improved efficiency and revenue.
3. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.