1. $1.1B deal will give Tenet 45 SurgCenter ASCs Full story
2. ASCA CEO Bill Prentice on CMS changes for 2021 & beyond — What will hurt, help the industry Full story
3. First doses outside a trial, side effects to Pfizer & FDA emergency approval — 6 updates on the COVID-19 vaccine, antibody tests Full story
4. 2021 payer contracts - using data to educate payers - click here to learn more.
5. Idaho ASC sells majority ownership to physician-owned hospital, Surgery Partners Full story
6. Ohio hospital keeps ASCs open after suspending some elective procedures Full story
7. Biden, Fauci pledge to get COVID-19 vaccine publicly & 4 more updates from Capitol Hill Full story
8. New biologic technology aids bone formation. Click here for details and data showing its effectiveness.
9. Arizona ASC with 2 cardiac catheterization labs on track for 2021 opening Full story
10. Capital Digestive Care opens same-day colonoscopy preparation center Full story
11. California hospital receives $7.5M for outpatient surgery center project Full story
12. Why universal patient decolonization is key in the age of COVID-19. Click here to download the whitepaper.
13. CMS renews The Joint Commission's deeming authority — 4 details Full story
14. Partnerships, professional moves and more — 7 GI industry notes Full story
15. Borland Groover CEO discusses future growth Full story
16. Chronic conditions can be controlled with better management. Learn how one health system took a whole-person approach and achieved results.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your ASC can benefit from professionalized anesthesia. Click here to learn about improved efficiency and revenue.
2. Surgical backlogs plagued nearly every health system in 2020. Click here to learn how some of the best systems navigated that change.
3. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.