1. ASC budgeting for 2021: 6 execs outline their strategy Full story
2. Pennsylvania health system temporarily closes one surgery center, reallocates staff from another Full story
3. CMS to require prior authorization for cervical fusion with disc removal Full story
4. New biologic technology aids bone formation. Click here for details and data showing its effectiveness.
5. 5 ways COVID-19 affected ASCs in 2020 Full story
6. UPMC opens surgery center — 3 details Full story
7. Affiliate of ASC operator buys building for $17.1M Full story
8. Is your OR still a source of revenue? Click here to learn how third-party providers can help your hospital grow its margins.
9. Biden picks Xavier Becerra as HHS secretary Full story
10. Projected supply, demand for 10 surgical specialties in 2025 Full story
11. Top-read ASC articles — COVID-19 updates, CMS 2021 rules and more Full story
12. Effortless interoperability in the era of virtual care — tips for health system leaders. Click here to read more.
13. 2 new outpatient spine surgery centers Full story
14. Missouri merger to form 25-physician orthopedic group 'years in the making' Full story
15. COVID-19 hospitalizations up 85% in 1 month; CDC calls for universal masking — 5 updates Full story
16. Your ASC can benefit from professionalized anesthesia. Click here to learn about improved efficiency and revenue.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
2. Telehealth in rural America: Click here to download a 4-step guide to success.
3. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.