1. The danger of payers squeezing 'as much profit as possible out of medicine' Full story
2. 5 key trends ASC leaders are eyeing Full story
3. $15M malpractice suit brought against Virginia GI center alleging medical negligence Full story
4. Learn how to maximize OR efficiency and margins with radical time transparency, reproducible procedures, and outstanding teamwork. Read the full article here.
5. 'The status quo is not enough' to stay ahead of the curve, says DePuy Synthes' new ASC VP Full story
6. CRNA pay: 5 stats to know Full story
7. ASC administrator of the week: Jeany Dunaway, Illinois ASC board leader Full story
8. Medtronic GI revenue decreased by 16% in Q2 Full story
9. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
10. 7 questions all medical residents should ask in interviews Full story
11. Dr. Kathleen van Leeuwen named surgeon-in-chief of Phoenix Children's Full story
12. A drug shortage created by TikTok and 10 more supply chain updates Full story
13. Surgical teams are using AI to optimize workflows, boost efficiency + improve reimbursement. Learn how here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
2. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
3. 92% of healthcare executives say technology infrastructure is increasingly tied to business value. Learn how bolster tech infrastructure for future success with this new report.