1. CMS finalizes Stark Law update Full story
2. Georgia orthopedic clinic settles kickback suit Full story
3. 170 ASCs built or proposed in 2022 Full story
4. 1 in 5 Americans have a medical bill they can't pay. Discover what orthopedic leaders are doing to offer flexible patient financing options.
5. USPI's $1.2B SurgCenter deal: How one of the industry's biggest acquisitions is unfolding Full story
6. Indianapolis Colts linebacker has back surgery after consultation with Dr. Robert Watkins Full story
7. Largest ASC chains by number of physicians Full story
8. Surgical teams are using AI to optimize workflows, boost efficiency + improve reimbursement. Learn how here.
9. On the 'brink of financial collapse': California system CEO implores governor for funding Full story
10. California hospital cleared in counterfeit spine implant case Full story
11. Nurse practitioner to pay $20K for calling herself 'doctor' Full story
12. There are do's and don'ts to robotic-assisted surgery programs. Put your organization in a better place to succeed with this discussion.
13. Why the No Surprises Act is harming anesthesiologists Full story
14. Florida physician pleads guilty to receiving kickbacks in $2.7M fraud scheme Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. 92% of healthcare executives say technology infrastructure is increasingly tied to business value. Learn how bolster tech infrastructure for future success with this new report.