1. A new name joins Forbes' growing list of healthcare billionaires Full story
2. 3 big moves for Optum in Q3 Full story
3. Most in-demand physician specialties and their annual salaries Full story
4. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
5. Prior authorization by the numbers Full story
6. Administrator of the week: Jackie McLaughlin, a multirole ASC professional Full story
7. 4 numbers pointing to gastroenterology consolidation Full story
8. Aetna in the headlines: 9 updates in 30 days Full story
9. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
10. What 1 ophthalmologist would tell younger ophthalmology students Full story
11. 8 endoscopy updates in the last 30 days Full story
12. 5 eyecare ASCs to know Full story
13. Hospitals are losing money fast with physician contract blunders. Here's the battle-tested, two-pronged strategy your team needs to get ahead of setbacks and drive revenue.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
2. Healthcare's antiquated hiring processes may be deterring new talent. Onboard more candidates in less time here.
3. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.