1. $1.7B for the most expensive ASC projects in Q3 Full story
2. 6 physician fraud cases in September Full story
3. Most-recruited physician specialties for the last 5 years Full story
4. When payers and providers fail to collaborate, patients suffer. Discover how a Nevada health plan and physician group partnered to improve care for expectant moms here.
5. Georgia physician, pharmacist plead guilty to pill mill operation Full story
6. Amazon's healthcare moves: 5 updates for ASCs Full story
7. 3 new orthopedic ASCs Full story
8. Gastro Health secures 4th Ohio practice Full story
9. Hospitals won't unlock the full value of a robotic surgery program without giving staff 24/7 access. See how Advent Health is doing it here.
10. Companies surpass September expectations, add 208,000 jobs Full story
11. 2 gastroenterologists making headlines Full story
12. US Digestive Health gains 35 providers through partnership Full story
13. Ortho bundled payments come with risks. Are they worth it? Surgeons from Rothman, NYU Langone + other top tier systems lay out the pros and cons.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Ambulatory care makes up one-third of provider revenues. Discover how three academic health systems are making the most of ambulatory growth here.
2. Few healthcare companies can efficiently adapt in today's environment. Get 3 steps to strengthen organizational agility here.
3. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.