1. Illinois physician charged with $1.6M tax evasion Full story
2. Why private equity is bettering orthopedics Full story
3. Physician bad behavior on social media Full story
4. Payers, private equity and even health systems see the value in shifting procedures to ASCs, but are ASCs ready for increased patient acuity? Hear from 3 physician leaders to prepare.
5. 10 states with the most orthopedic surgeons per capita Full story
6. Where medical real estate deals have been heating up Full story
7. 10 gastroenterologists to know Full story
8. American Pain Consortium opens Indiana ASC Full story
9. Successful risk-based relationships require near perfect alignment. Join this discussion to learn how hospitals, ACOs and providers can all win.
10. Essentia Health opens 4-operating-room ASC Full story
11. 20 medical schools with the most NIH funding: US News Full story
12. 11 medical office complex sales Full story
13. ASCs are leaving money on the table with outdated revenue cycle management. Here's an easy-to-apply, 5-step solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
2. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.
3. Few healthcare companies can efficiently adapt in today's environment. Get 3 steps to strengthen organizational agility here.