1. What ASC competition will look like in 5 years Full story
2. Optum deal brings 2022 acquisition spending to nearly $8B Full story
3. Why physicians are choosing independent practices over hospitals Full story
4. St. Joseph's Health is on a quest to "wow" urgent care patients. See how the system is using new tools — paired with a new urgent care center — to create a more streamlined healthcare experience.
5. Top 10 anesthesiology residency programs Full story
6. Patient sues Pennsylvania physician, blames him for opioid addiction Full story
7. Speciality physicians see salary spike Full story
8. HHS eyes fraud potential in physician continuing education programs Full story
9. In order for ASCs to compete with hospitals, they need the right tech to attract patients and drive revenue. Click here for the necessary tools to keep patients happy while preventing payment delays.
10. US healthcare organizations experience 692 data breaches in 11 months Full story
11. New York multispecialty group acquires 3rd practice in 18 months Full story
12. Colorado ASC pioneers adoption of robotic platform assists with lumbar spine fixation Full story
13. Prevent surgical infection with antiseptic preparation.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
2. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.
3. A patchwork of solutions cannot repair healthcare's aging technology infrastructure. Here's how providers and payers can transform IT and deliver patients the convenience they deserve.