1. California hospital authority sued, accused of trying to shield ASC from oversight Full story
2. 4 physicians suing former employers or competitors Full story
3. 'System collapse' looming with unchecked physician pay cuts, surgeon says Full story
4. St. Joseph's Health is on a quest to "wow" urgent care patients. See how the system is using new tools — paired with a new urgent care center — to create a more streamlined healthcare experience.
5. Wellspan Health acquires ownership stake in SCA Health surgery center Full story
6. Cardiac catheterization cost by state Full story
7. Physician practice owners have lower malpractice premiums than non-owners, report finds Full story
8. 25 hospitals using the most temporary physicians Full story
9. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
10. Catalyst Healthcare acquires Montana ASC property Full story
11. Changes in gastroenterologist pay over 6 years Full story
12. PE GI Solutions, Garden State Endoscopy form joint venture with Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Full story
10. In order for ASCs to compete with hospitals, they need the right tech to attract patients and drive revenue. Click here for the necessary tools to keep patients happy while preventing payment delays.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is your organization meeting evolving marketing and user engagement needs? Learn how a CDP helps health marketers individualize their outreach strategies.
2. The cost of in-office procedures is rising. See how leading ENT practices are reining them in, while still expanding care here.
3. Patients are tired of seeing 'pay in full' as the only option on their medical statements. Drive better payment results with these strategies.