1. 13 new ASCs in the past month Full story
2. Tenet furloughs 10% of employees employees, including in elective surgery: 6 notes Full story
3. Total joints are moving to the ASC. Is your team ready? Listen to this podcast to learn how to capitalize on this growing trend.
4. State-by-state breakdown of federal aid per COVID-19 case Full story
5. Join keynote speakers Jill Ellis, Head Coach of the US Women's National Soccer Team and Nick Saban, Head Coach of the University of Alabama Football Team at Becker's 18th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC + the Future of Spine Conference. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Medical practice layoffs projected to reach 36 percent in May — 3 insights Full story
7. How COVID-19 left its mark on cardiology Full story
8. COVID-19 upended a practice's 35-year-old business model in 2 weeks Full story
9. How new CDI tech yielded cost savings for Greensboro Specialty Surgery Center. Click here to read the white paper.
10. ASC anesthesiologist pivots to treating COVID-19 patients Full story
11. Former Surgery Partners execs to pay $41M settlement over False Claims Act allegations: 5 details Full story
12. Becker's is developing a list of hand and wrist surgeons to know. Contact Angie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org to nominate a surgeon for this list.
13. Hospital CEOs blast distributing stimulus funds based on Medicare revenue Full story
14. Don't be intimidated by a CMS onsite survey. Click here to learn how to prepare for and handle surveyors.