1. The healthcare trends making ASC leaders nervous Full story
2. Indiana orthopedic surgeon settles Medicaid fraud allegations for $700K Full story
3. Optum has 60,000 physicians, and is growing Full story
4. 38% of Americans delayed care in 2022 over cost concerns — a record high. Learn how to reengage patients and improve their financial experience with this roadmap.
5. Lawmakers reintroduce bill to increase access to ASCs Full story
6. ASC case volumes return to pre-COVID-19 levels Full story
7. University of Vermont Medical Center submits certificate of need for $130M ASC Full story
8. Montana legislature proposes PA independence Full story
9. Can postoperative complications be elminated? Hear the latest evidence and guidelines from the Rothman Orthopaedic Institue.
10. West Tennessee Healthcare implements automated physician payment system Full story
11. Novant Health awarded $1.5M for rural physician positions Full story
12. Pennsylvania medical office building with ASC, GI practice acquired Full story
13. Overwhelmed by industry buzz on utilization management? Discover the lessons 12 systems learned from their process transformations here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. When only 35% of referrals end in a visit, you can't justify time spent on manual patient outreach. This digital upgrade led Froedtert Health to a 3-day referral-to-appointment workflow.
2. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.
3. How to keep up with all the new information on COVID-19 testing and treatment? Dive into these 1-page snapshots on Paxlovid, boosters, variants, long COVID-19 and more.