|News and Analysis|
September 16, 2011
1. How to Determine Average Hours Per Case: Q&A With Joyce (Deno) Thomas of Regent Surgical Health.
2. Texas Surgery Center Lawsuit Alleges Physician Failed to Pay $300k for ASC Use.
3. 7 Tips for Success With Spine Surgery in ASCs.
4. Public Access to National Practitioner Data Bank Shut Down.
5. 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference (Oct. 27-29, Chicago) to include keynote speaker Sam Donaldson discussing politics in Washington. He will also moderate a panel on the future of healthcare with Congressman Dr. Tom Price, ASCOA CEO Dr. Brent Lambert, Regent Surgical Health CEO Tom Mallon and PHA President Mike Russel. Less than 25 spots left. Register today!
6. First Surgical Partners Plans to Increase Revenue by Converting Surgery Centers to HOPD.
7. Saving Money Using Generic Devices: Q&A With Shawn Lunney at GMD.
8. Kentucky Rules on Eye Surgery by Optometrists One Step Closer to Approval.
9. Decreasing Average Days in A/R From 100 to 35: Thoughts From Becky Ziegler-Otis.
10. Subscribe to our new Pain Management E-Weekly to receive up-to-date news on pain management. To register, .
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AAAHC, SourceMedical Revenue Cycle Solutions, Surgical Care Affiliates and Surgical Notes.
|18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference: Improving Profitability & Business and Legal Issues|
This exclusive conference -- the Best Fall ASC Business & Clinical Conference -- is presented by Becker's ASC Review, ASC Communications, the ASC Association and the Ambulatory Surgery Foundation and takes place Oct. 27-29 at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago. It brings together surgeons, administrators and ASC business and clinical leaders to discuss how to improve your ASC and its bottom line in these challenging but opportunity-filled times. Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Highlights include: 1. 90 Sessions, 132 Speakers
2. Great keynote speakers including Bill Walton, Hall of Fame NBA Basketball Player; Sam Donaldson, ABC News Veteran and former Chief White House Correspondent for ABC News; and Adrian Gostick, Author and Global Thought Leader on Workplace Strategy3. Discounts when registering two or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers4. Earn your CME, CASC and CEU Credits5. Here are just four of the conference's great sessions:
A. ACOs in Action - Andrew Ziskind, MD, Senior Executive, Accenture, and Matthew Walsh, Vice President of Operations, Henry Ford Physician Network
B. Establishing and Operating Successfully in a Small Market - Joseph Zasa, JD, Partner, ASD Management, and TK Miller, MD, Associate Professor, Dept. of Surgery, VTC School of Medicine, Medical Director, Roanoke Ambulatory Surgery Center, Carilion Clinic Orthopaedics/Sports Medicine
C. How to Determine When to Go In-Network Vs. Out-of-Network - Rob Murphy, President, Murphy Healthcare Group
D. Revenue Capture for Endoscopy Centers - Best Practices and Great Ideas - Linda K. Peterson, CEO, Executive Solutions for Healthcare
Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com.