Two Spartanburg (S.C.) practices Upstate Spine & Neurosurgery Center and Orthopaedic Associates are opening a physician-owned ambulatory surgery center, according to GoUpstate.com.
Here are five things to know:
1. The practices' merger will go into effect Jan. 1.
2. The $7.2 million ASC will offer orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery and pain management.
3. The practices expect the ASC to open by spring 2018.
4. Construction on the 15,280-square-foot facility is underway.
5. The ASC's staff includes eight orthopedic surgeons, three pain management physicians, three neurosurgeons and 12 advanced practitioners.
More articles on surgery centers:
MFC reports $0.09 dividend for July: 4 takeaways
Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation fundraises for $88M surgery center — 5 key points
Westgreen Surgical Center submits form D for $220.5k equity financing: 4 notes