Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago Will Buy Out Surgery Center Partner for $1.4M

Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago will pay $1.4 million to buy out its surgery center partner, according to a Chicago Healthcare Daily report.
The hospital currently owns a 54 percent stake in the Center for Ambulatory Surgery at Swedish Covenant. The center has failed to meet financial expectations in the 10 months it has been operating. The hospital plans to purchase the remaining 46 percent stake.

Previously, the center was used for less profitable procedures, such as pain management. The hospital will shift hospital patients to the center and transform it into an outpatient department of the hospital.

More Articles on Transactions:
12 Statistics on Case Volume Mix at ASCs
Magna Health Systems Secures Financing for $20M Bedford Park Surgery Center
AmSurg Reports Revenues Up 17% in Q2, Completes 2 Acquisitions

Copyright © 2022 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

 

Featured Webinars

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Podcast