Spindletop Capital Management created a dermatology practice management platform, Sanova Dermatology, and acquired eight dermatology practices.
Here's what you should know.
1. Sanova Dermatology acquired:
- Austin, Texas-based Sanova Dermatology
- Austin Dermatology Associates
- Austin-based Steiner Ranch Dermatology
- Pflugerville (Texas) Dermatology and Aesthetic Center
- The Austin Institute for Clinical Research
- San Antonio-based Bonnie Furner, MD
- Houston-based DermaSurgery Center
- Old Metairie (La.) Dermatology
2. Scott Burns and Ted Lain, MD, will lead the Sanova Dermatology platform. Sanova is partnering with practices in Sun Belt states to expand its clinical presence.
3. This is one of Spindletop's many healthcare investment branches. The firm recently closed an acquisition in the pain management space as well.