Optum's Surgical Care Affiliates made an equity investment in Danbury-based Western Connecticut Orthopedic Surgery Center, effective May 1.
Here are five things to know:
1. Western Connecticut Orthopedic Surgery Center is a multispecialty ASC with 14 physician partners.
2. The ASC specializes in orthopedic and spine procedures.
3. The addition expands SCA's network to seven surgery centers.
4. SCA operates more than 200 surgical facilities and has partnerships with nearly 3,000 physicians.
5. In January, SCA merged with Optum, a health services company part of UnitedHealth Group. Through the partnership, SCA became a part of Optum's platform, which serves millions of U.S. customers via 20,000 affiliated physicians and hundreds of facilities spanning the nation.