Detroit-based Henry Ford Health System plans to build an $87.2 million outpatient medical center with an ASC on the site of a former Kmart in Plymouth Township, Mich., The Detroit News reports.
What you should know:
1. The outpatient medical center will offer specialty care services and an emergency department.
2. Henry Ford believes 120 people will staff the center.
3. The Kmart closed in November 2017. Henry Ford will demolish the former store in August.
4. Henry Ford expects to open the entire project in 2021.
5. Bob Riney, COO and president of healthcare operations at Henry Ford, said, "There is a strong and growing demand for our services in western Wayne County, and we want to provide easy access to for those interested in them."