The number of healthcare private equity deals rose to a record 265 in 2017, according to a 2019 report from consulting firm Bain & Company.
1. The number of deals was up 22 percent from 206 in 2016.
2. The value of healthcare private equity deals reached $42.6 billion in 2017. It was the highest level since 2007.
3. North America was the most active region in 2017, and deals involving providers were the most common.
4. Corporate mergers and acquisitions healthcare rose to $332 billion in 2017, after declining slightly in 2016.
5. KKR's $10 billion buyout of Nashville, Tenn.-based Envision Healthcare was among the largest deals.