ASCs Inc. and J.H. Winokur identified five trends ASC administrators can use to ensure their ASC/medical office building transaction returns maximum value.
Here are the five principles:
1. Sign a long-term, triple-net lease for your center
2. Create and distribute a marketing package showcasing your center
3. Reach out to qualified national and regional buyers who invest in ASC/MOB properties
4. Use a broker with experience selling physician-owned practices to negotiate the sale of your ASC/MOB in a timely manner to ensure you receive the most for your property.
5. Ensure the sellers will stay in control of the property without rent changes or personal lease guarantees.
Using these principles, ASCs Inc. and J.H. Winokur recently closed three ASC real estate transactions and leaseback transactions totaling $17 million.