Baptist Health in Miami Beach, Fla., received city approval to expand the services offered at its ASC, RE: Miami Beach reports.
What you should know:
1. Baptist has provided gastroenterology services in the ASC since it opened in July 2018.
2. The ASC will now add ophthalmology, spine, gynecological and orthopedic services.
3. The health system is adding the services in response to community demand.
4. The health system has seen 55 percent of its patients come from Miami Beach, with the rest mostly consisting of tourists using the building's urgent care.
5. The expansion will require no physical modifications to the facility.