Here are 13 aquisitions made in 2018 in the ASC field worth over $1 million:
1. KKR's $9.9 billion acquisition of Envision (AmSurg)
KKR completed its $9.9 billion acquisition of Envision Healthcare in October 2018. Through completion of the merger, Envision (AmSurg) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KKR.
2. Catalyst HRE acquires $150 million healthcare portfolio with surgery centers
Pensacola, Fla.-based Catalyst Healthcare Real Estate acquired a 21-property healthcare portfolio for $150 million. Regional and hospital orthopedics, neurology, oncology and surgical practices, including Galletin, Tenn.-based Patient Partners Surgery Center, make up 40 percent of the portfolio's leased space.
3. Private equity firm acquires athenahealth for $5.7 billion
Veritas Capital and Elliott Management purchased athenahealth for $5.7 billion and expects to combine it with the company's Virence Health, which it acquired from GE Healthcare earlier this year.
4. Allscripts acquired Practice Fusion for $100 million
Healthcare technology company Allscripts acquired Practice Fusion for $100 million. Practice Fusion supported 30,000 ambulatory practices and 5 million patient visits per month at the time of the acquisition, and Allscripts added it to the company's existing ambulatory clinical portfolio.
5. Two surgery center properties sell for $34.4 million
Havertown, Pa.-based Crozer-Keystone Medical Office and Surgery Center and Mount Kisco, N.Y.-based Caremount Medical Imaging and Surgery Center sold for $34.4 million.
6. Eye Care & Surgical Center sells for $6.1 million
CCI Baton Rouge (La.), operating under Cornerstone Companies, bought Baton Rouge, La.-based Eye Care & Surgical Center for $6.1 million
7. Dry Creek Ambulatory Surgery Center sold for $4 million
Englewood, Colo.-based Dry Creek Ambulatory Surgery Center, a 20,046-square-foot facility, sold for $4 million over Labor Day weekend.
8. North Carolina surgical center building sells for $1.93 million
Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Kokonot Enterprises sold the office building of Winston-Salem-based Novant Health Salem Surgical Associates for $1.93 million.
9. Surgical Care Affiliates sells ASC for $9.3 million
Prosper Holdings bought the facility housing Deerfield, Ill.-based Surgical Care Affiliates' Greensboro (N.C.) Specialty Surgical Center for $9.3 million.
10. JLL sells surgery center for $35 million surgery center
The three buildings sold include Mission Health's Asheville Surgery Center, Regional Surgical Specialists and the Carolina Spine and Neurosurgery Center. All centers are located in Asheville, N.C.
11. Arkansas Surgery & Endoscopy Center sold for $3.4 million
Little Rock-based Arkansas Surgery & Endoscopy Center was sold in a $3.4 million deal. The 11,362-square-foot outpatient surgery center is owned and operated by Syed Samad, MD.
12. Medical Facilities Corp., NueHealth form joint venture, acquire 7 ASCs from Meridian Surgical Partners for $46.5 million
Toronto-based Medical Facilities Corporation formed a joint venture with Leawood, Kan.-based NueHealth and acquired seven ASCs from Meridian Surgical Partners, based in Brentwood, Tenn. The new entity will purchase seven ASCs from Meridian Surgical Partners for $46.5 million; Medical Facilities Corp. will pay their portion of the total purchase price through a draw on its credit facility and cash. The transaction is expected to close on or before March 2018.