Here are 12 new ASCs and outpatient surgery centers that were announced or opened over the past month.
1. Hurst, Texas-based Cook Children's Northeast Hospital will close as a hospital April 20 and become an ASC soon thereafter.
2. Faith Regional Health Services in Norfolk, Neb., is constructing a 130,000-square-foot medical office building, which will house an outpatient surgery center.
3. Crystal Clinic Orthopedic Centers plans to invest in a new facility that will offer surgical and non-surgical care. The new center will have 12 operating rooms as well as an urgent care orthopedic clinic, support services and imaging capabilities.
4. The Butte, Mont., zoning board unanimously approved a special use permit for the construction of a 14,226-square-foot ASC.
5. Tupelo, Miss.-based Specialty Orthopedic Group is building a facility scheduled to open in February 2019; 12,000 square feet of the new facility will be dedicated to a surgery center with four operating rooms.
6. Conemaugh Health System held a ribbon cutting ceremony for the 130,000-square-foot East Hills Outpatient Center Feb. 7. Both are based in Johnstown, Pa.
7. Renton, Wash.-based Providence Health & Services will begin construction on a new ASC at its St. Vincent Medical Center campus in April. This will be Providence's fifth outpatient surgery center in the Portland, Ore., area.
8. Roslyn, N.Y.-based St. Francis Hospital of Catholic Health Services of Long Island partnered with Westchester, Ill.-based Regent Surgical Health to open the East Hills (N.Y.) Surgery Center.
9. A group of independent physicians are opening a new two-story surgery center in Center Township, Pa. A group of independent physicians will operate the center. This is the group's second surgery center.
10. Nobilis Health broadened its market reach through a new ASC in Dallas. It is a multispecialty facility with two operating rooms and will offer services similar to Nobilis' nine direct-to-consumer marketing brands.
11. Jefferson Health, Rothman Institute, NueHealth and several Philadelphia physicians formed a joint venture to open the $17 million, 22,000-square-foot Jefferson Surgery Center in Cherry Hill (N.J.).
12. Vestavia Hills, Ala.-based SmoothRock Surgery Center opened in a recently developed commercial business park.