Here are 10 new outpatient surgery centers announced or opened within the last month.
1. The Orthopaedic Institute for Children Ambulatory Surgery Center in Los Angeles had a groundbreaking last month. The ASC is 13,000 square feet and expected to cost $10 million.
2. Doctors Hospital of Manteca (Calif.) and Tenet Healthcare broke ground on a new outpatient surgery center, with Tenet investing $7 million. The center will include three operating rooms and two procedure rooms.
3. The new outpatient surgery center at WellStar East Cobb Health Park will likely open June 6.
4. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia opened its Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgery Center in King of Prussia, Pa. The new center has four floors and the capacity to expand up to 195,000 square feet.
5. Gramercy Surgery Center in New York opened a new satellite location in Queens, N.Y. The new 11,000-square-foot facility has four operating rooms and is expected to have a $20 million impact on the community.
6. Montefiore Health System in Bronx, N.Y., opened a new eye surgery center at its Westchester Square Campus. The facility has five operating rooms.
7. Bergenfield (N.J.) Surgical Center celebrated its grand opening last month. The ASC includes orthopedic surgery, podiatry, pain management, gynecology and pain management.
8. Fromer Eye Center, led by Medical Director Mark Fromer, MD, opened in Bronx, N.Y. The surgery center offers retinal surgery, cataract surgery, glaucoma care and emergency care.
9. Nameer Haider, MD, a spine- and pain-focused physician, plans to open the Omni Surgical Center in South Utica, N.Y. The ASC is expected to open in October.
10. Daniel Lieberman, MD, founded Phoenix Spine Surgery Center in Goodyear, Ariz., with three clinical exam rooms and two surgical suites. The center was formally located in Phoenix and known as the Arizona Center for Neurosurgery.