Google Trends tracks the most frequently asked questions about the coronavirus for the past year, updating information daily.
The top five coronavirus questions people in the U.S. are searching on Google are:
1. What percentage of people die from coronavirus?
2. How long after coronavirus are you contagious?
3. How long does it take to get results from a coronavirus test?
4. Can you get coronavirus more than once?
5. What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
On June 29, the search "symptoms of COVID-19" was up 5,000 percent and the term "Benefits of social distancing in coronavirus" was up 4,800 percent. People in Florida and California are also interested in bar closures; the search term "Florida closes bars" was up 3,700 percent and "Are bars closing in California" was up 800 percent.