The Emergency Nurses Association offers a free toolkit that includes resources and practical solutions to violence in emergency departments.
The ENA Workplace Violence Toolkit includes five steps to help hospital emergency department understand and tackle workplace violence:
1. Understand the issue of emergency department workplace violence
2. Evaluate your emergency department's present status
3. Describe the desired outcomes for your emergency department
4. Design a practical action plan that will help you achieve these outcomes and
5. Evaluate how your plan is working and what to do next
The toolkit also features a library of resources, including a sample data collection tools, a policy template, printable notices and signage and more.
To access the ENA Workplace Violence Toolkit for use in your facility, click here.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.