The "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach defines the key moments when healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene, according to the World Health Organization.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centered approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings.
This approach recommends healthcare workers to clean their hands
- before touching a patient;
- before clean/aseptic procedures;
- after body fluid exposure/risk;
- after touching a patient; and
- after touching patient surroundings.
To download a poster created by the WHO explaining the "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach to display at your facility, click here (pdf).
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene: